Authors We Admire

I have been thinking about adding to our ‘ Authors We Admire’ wall.

At the moment it features:

• Roald Dahl
  • Enid Blyton
  • Andy Griffiths
  • Emily Rodda

Should they all stay on the wall? In a comment, let me know what you think. Remember to justify your opinion with a reason.

Who deserves to be added to the wall? Again, remember to justify your opinion with a reason. More than one reason would make your comment even stronger.

(Also remember to reply using our quality commenting guidelines.)

PS: Of course, Steve Backshall should be added to the wall!

21 thoughts on “Authors We Admire

1. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think you should add a couple more authors to the wall. I recommend: Kate Forsyth and Eva Gray because they write brilliant books with lots of descriptions and adjectives. Have you read the series Imposible Quest by Kate Forsyth?

From Sarah

P.S I don’t think that Steve Backshall shouldn’t go on the authors wall because he isn’t an author. I think.

2. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think you should add David Williams to the wall because he is a great author and I always get lost in his books.
    From Aoife
    P.S I think you should get a picture of Steve backshelll

3. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think that we should put up David Walliams and Steve Backshule. I think they should go up because they inspire me.
    From Ella

• Dear Ella,
      I also think we should add David Walliams to the wall. What is your favourite book out of his series?
      From Sophie

4. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I really like having the authors wall because it inspires me to write. I think we should add Samatha-Ellen Bound to the wall because she’s a really good writer and she uses lots of description. She is probably my favourite author, well as well as Andy Griffiths, Anh Do and Rachel Renee Russell. Is your favourite author J.K. Rowling or someone else?
    From Katie

P.S I think you should put Steve Backshall on the wall 🙂

5. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I thank that you should add Anh Do and Aaron Blabey because I know you (secretly) love Ann do and Aaron Blabey. They are both very, very funny and they can even make you have an accident.
    Fintan From
    P.S Please, please make them go on the wall.
    P.S.S Steve Backshall needs to go on the special wall of authors!!!!

6. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think the “Authors we Admire” walk looks good as it is but I think you should add Caleb Krisp because he is a very talented author that uses a lot of imagery.
    From Sophie

7. Dear Mrs Miller.
    I know they are not very well known, but the have written my favourite book series, therefore I think that the authors Ned Vizinni and Cris Columbus might be able to make it onto the author wall.
    From Ashton

8. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think we should add on the wall with Andy Griffiths and David walliams because they are funny and that inspires me. And probably Steve Backshall. HAHA
    From lily
    Ps Steve Backshall is crazy like me

9. Dear Mrs Miller,
    Yes I think they should stay up on the wall because when I look at them they give me ideas and thoughts.
    I think that Anh do, James Patterson and Tim Cahill deserve to be on the wall because they are GREAT authors and because they inspire me.

from Adam

PS. I like Steve Backshall too:)

10. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think all of the authors should stay on the wall because they are all very good writers and they are famous. That is why I think they should all stay on the wall.
    from Nadav

11. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I admire Andy Griffiths because his books are really good and humorous.
    His books inspire me because they’re funny and silly with made up characters and animals it just makes me crack up. Everyone in my family loves his books.

From Adam

12. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think all of the people on the wall should stay because they are good authors. But I think we should put two more of the best people to go on the wall: Steve Backshall and David Walliams.
    From Josh

13. Hi Mrs Miller,
    I think that Henry Lawson should be on the wall. I like Henry Lawson because he is a very skilled writer.
    From Harry
    PS: I also think that Steve Backshall should be on the wall.

14. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think all the names on the wall should stay and I would like Tracey West and Steve Backshall to be added to the wall!

From Nea.

15. Hi Mrs Miller,
    I think that the authors currently on the wall should stay. I think this because they’re all great authors and should stay, they also have a lot of books to read and there all unique.
    I think you should add Dr Seus his poems are unique and clever and they are extremely enjoyable for everyone.
    from Ned

16. Hi Mrs Miller,
    I think that Dr. Seuss should go on the wall because he has written some the top children’s books.

P.S i think that Steve Backshall should be on the wall because he also writes books.

From Josh.P

17. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I do not think that Steve Backshall should be added to the wall.
    But I think the author wall should stay but maybe change the authors but I don’t know many authors.
    From Scott

18. Dear Mrs Miller,
    I think that all the authors should stay on the wall because they can inspire people to write more.

From Maddy