Welcome Term 2!

Time flies when you’re having fun!

We are already two weeks into the term, can you believe it?

We have had a busy start in the classroom.

Last Friday we cooked Zucchini Slice as part of our Kitchen Garden program. You can read more about Kitchen Garden at our school here.

Before our session we looked at the recipe and identified zucchinis as our seasonal produce as we currently have them (or did have them before we chopped and grated them up) growing in our school vegetable garden. We found out that they have many health benefits as well.

Cooking groups focused on working as a team, reading instructions and enjoying the yummy zucchini slice!

Many thanks to our wonderful parent helpers: Kathryn, Kate, Ash, Tony, Jane and Fenella!

Friday was also our Sporty Dress Up Day which is why we look like very sporty chefs.

What did you think of last week’s recipe?

Have you been practising your cooking skills at home?

6 thoughts on “Welcome Term 2!

1. Dear Mrs Miller
    Kitchen greden has been geat it changed my taste buds in a good way I didn’t like it but it was fun doing it.
    From lily

2. Hi Mrs Miller,
    I just wanted to say that I have had a really good Term 2 so far! I look forward to doing some more kitchen garden and lots more blogging! I loved the zucchini slice and the veggie pasties, but I have to say the veggie pasties were way better!
    From Sophie

• Dear Caleb,

Wow! How fantastic that you went to Disneyland! That ride sounds awesome. Did you get your photo taken with Disney characters?

From Mrs Miller